top of page

ADENA Hack: How to use RADA Duo microphones with AREC and other devices?

The RADA DUO is a wireless microphone system comprising two transmitters and one receiver. Both transmitters can operate simultaneously using UHF radio frequencies and maintain effectiveness at distances of up to 50 metres from the receiver. One of DUO's distinctive features is its compatibility with various devices. DUO sets include standard 3.5mm TRRS and TRS cables, a 3.5mm to USB Type-C cable, a USB Type-C to Type-A adapter, a 3.5mm to 6.5mm adapter, and additional accessories like a phone mount, making DUO sets easy to set up in any scenario.

There are several ways to use DUO with AREC Media Stations, and the choice depends entirely on the station model you possess. For instance, on stations like LS-2, LS-200, and others with 3.5mm Line inputs, you can connect DUO using the provided 3.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRRS cable. Simply plug it into the monitoring output of the DUO receiver on one end and the Line input of the Media Station on the other. When configuring the audio, keep in mind that you can adjust the volume level both through the DUO system and through the Media Stations. While DUO transmitters and receivers have dedicated buttons for this purpose, volume adjustment on Media Stations can be accomplished in various ways, including through the 'Administrator' web page. To access it, navigate to 'Media I/O' -> 'Audio' subpage.

For stations without 3.5mm inputs, you can use the USB cable instead. Connect the 3.5mm TRRS to USB Type-C cable to the receiver's "monitoring" output, attach the USB Type-C to Type-A adapter, and then connect it to any of your AREC station's USB ports. On most models (e.g., LS-300), DUO will be automatically recognized when connected in this manner. However, on others, such as LS-860, you may need to select it from the list of audio devices first.

To connect DUO to other devices, refer to the datasheet or user manual of the device to determine the appropriate cable. Typically, you'll need a 3.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRS cable for DSLR cameras, USB Type-A or Type-C for computers, a 3.5mm to 6.5mm adapter for musical instruments and amplifiers, and the 3.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRRS cable for all other standard connections where a stereo signal is used.



bottom of page